Since its launch in 2010, image and video sharing network Instagram quickly attracted the attention of Facebook, snapping up a $1bn acquisition two year’s later. It’s global growth has secured it as a must-be place for marketers to build brands and audiences.
Cynical? The following eye-watering stats will prove Instagram is the place for your brand.
1) Instagram is the second most engaged network after Facebook with over 60 per cent of users logging in daily.
2) 48.8 percent of brands are on Instagram, by 2017, this is predicted to rise to 70.7 per cent.
3) Engagement with brands on Instagram is 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, and 84 times higher than Twitter.
4) Instagram users are 70 per cent more likely to purchase a product online using their mobile.
5) In 2 years, the average engagement per post has grown by 416%.
6) On an average day, 80 million photos are shared.
7) Instagram now has more than 400 million active users.
8) 30 per cent of internet users are now on Instagram, with users outside the US accounting for 75 per cent.
9) 32 per cent of US teens list Instagram as their most important social network, more than any other social network, 90 per cent of Instagram users are younger than 35.
10) 50 per cent of Instagrammers follow brands, making them the social networkers who are most likely to do so.
And here’s a few tips to get you going…
- Posts that include another handle gain 56 percent more engagement.
- Posts with at least one hashtag gain 12.6 percent more engagement .
- Posts with a location receive 79 percent more engagement.
- Photos see more engagement than videos on Instagram.
- 70 percent of the most used hashtags are branded.